City at Your Doorstep
According to Augusta Magazine’s Readership, a majority of Augustan’s favorite destinations are within walking or biking distance of JB White’s. Voted #1 Best Reason for a ‘Staycation’ : to enjoy downtown attractions. Whether it’s the concerts, theatres, parks, street fairs, or restaurants and clubs…downtown attractions prevail.
- Historic Trolley Tour
- Augusta Riverwalk
- Artist’s Row
- Augusta Canal
- Augusta Patriot Riverboat Tours
- Petersburg Boat Canal Tours
- Sacred Heart Cultural Center
- Springfield Village Park
- Augusta Commons
- Augusta Museum of History
- Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art
- Augusta Canal Interpretive Center
- Morris Museum of Art
- Boyhood Home of Woodrow Wilson
- Meadow Garden
- Imperial Theatre
- Le Chat Noir
- Jessye Norman Amphitheater
- James Brown Arena
- Bell Auditorium
- Miller Theater home of Symphony Orchestra Augusta (coming soon!)
Augusta Magazine Readers voted for their favorite restaurants and clubs, including Broad Street’s own Frog Hollow Tavern, Nacho Mama’s, Sunshine Bakery, Stillwater Tap Room, Mellow Mushroom, Pizza Joint…and New Moon Café! And, off the main drag but still right downtown…La Maison on Telfair, Bee’s Knees, and Boll Weevil Café and Sweetery.
Other popular picks with the readers: the Augusta Canal and the Riverwalk for walking and cycling, the festivals…Arts in the Heart, Westobou, and the Greek Festival, and the Sacred Heart Cultural Center for special events.
Discover your own favorites at your doorstep.